Re: How to contribute ?

On 12/31/21 18:18, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 02:47:22PM -0600, Zebediah Figura wrote:
vkd3d 1.2-6 in Experimental is not usable in Sid because it needs
mesa-vulkan-driver << 21.

Michael did that because vkd3d tests fails during building. I don't know
why because it fails with mesa 20 too.

I opened a bug report upstream and wine/vkd3d developer told me that there
is this issue because of nobody has the same GPU (someone can have the
error and someone else not)
The tests shouldn't access the GPU though so it shouldn't depend on actual
hardware.

Sorry, can you please clarify? libvkd3d is essentially a GPU driver (well,
translation layer), so its tests need to access the GPU or they're
meaningless.
OK, if the tests need access to actual hardware then they must be turned
off during the package build process.
(though of course tests for code that needs hardware don't necessarily
need hardware too)

Is there a codified set of guidelines for what a test can and can't do?

In theory we can also run our tests with a software renderer; I haven't tried to do that yet (and the only available Vulkan software renderer does not work very well yet) but if that's acceptable it seems better than skipping them entirely.