Re: etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d/ equivalent for systemd-resolved

On December 30, 2021 1:19:45 AM UTC, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 04:35:22PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> The postfix package ships a script in /etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d/ to restart
>> postfix when resolv.conf is updated.  As far as I know, that still works if the
>> resolvconf package is installed, but if not (i.e. Debian default), what's the
>> equivalent?  Does systemd-resolved have an equivalent?  Should users that want
>> this functionality install resolvconf?
>
>The whole point is resolvconf is to be a common interface between producers:
>* ifup/ifdown
>* DHCP clients
>* PPP daemon
>* local name servers
>and consumers:
>* DNS caches
>* resolver libraries (including glibc)
>
>If systemd-resolved doesn't interface with resolvconf yet, then these tools
>should be taught to pass data, instead of inventing a yet another
>user-facing interface.

It does.  My question is on the other end of the problem.  Once resolv.conf is updated, how do I trigger an action for another package?  In this case it's copy the updated resolv.conf into the chroot and restart postfix.  I know how to do everything except for the trigger.

Scott K