Re: How to fix Lintian 'no-code-sections'?

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 5:30 AM Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 22:10:45 -0800, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> > Lintian in Debian unstable has a new test that my package is failing on:
> > https://lintian.debian.org/tags/no-code-sections
>
> As with any Lintian tag, I would recommend doing your own assessment
> of whether this is a real error before assuming there is a bug that you
> need to fix.

I tried, but clearly reading the Lintian page linked above and the bug
report linked from it didn't really convey what it was actually trying
to achieve. Now when you explained it, I got it, and also see why it
is fine to ignore.

> This particular one looks like it's a Lintian bug:
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1000469 (fixed in git)

Thanks for pointing this out!