Re: [RFC] changes to rsyslog

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 10:57:11AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> > Do you know of a tool that does what logcheck does, but operating
>> > directly on the journal?  Logcheck is the only reason I still have
>> > rsyslog installed on the servers I maintain.
>
> same here, I use (and tune) logcheck on all systems I maintain and absolutly
> don't wanna miss what I regulary learn from it.

logcheck tries to check things in the journal using journalctl, so
should continue to work without rsyslog.

logcheck also needs some help - actually there seem to be many
volunteers to help, but no-one who could merge any contributions. Please
see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=981446