Re: Remove packages from NEW queue?

Quoting Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues (2021-11-18 11:26:44)
> Quoting Tobias Frost (2021-11-18 10:38:40)
> > (speculatinng on the why you want it rejected: if you want to replace it with e.g. a newer version, you can just upload the new version)
>
> slightly related question: if I upload a new version to NEW, will the
> Age of the package be reset? I'm asking because my package has been in
> NEW for four months already and I'd like to avoid loosing that place
> by an upload of a new upstream version.

I guess that by "Age" you are referring to 5th column at
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Seems that field do get reset on new uploads: See e.g. ignition-utils
which was uploaded in september and again in november - its "Age" is 2
days.

Is "Age" used to rank processing of NEW requests?  Is that documented
somewhere?  Or alternatively, do anyone have some (non cargo cult)
empirical knowledge about that?

 - Jonas