Re: dash and hidden bashisms in configure scripts

Speaking as the /de facto/ upstream maintainer of autoconf, is there anything we could do from our end to make it easier for dash to turn $LINENO back on?  I don't have a lot of time to work on autoconf at the moment, but this particular issue is important to me.  I'd like to see all the configure scripts that *don't* have bashisms in them run at dash's speed on Debian, and the fallback code for when $LINENO isn't available at all is a monstrosity that I would like to scrap.

zw