Re: Re: sbuild/schroot: need to get .deb files internally downloaded as package dependencies

Thanks for the answer

> You have not explained why you don't want to use a caching proxy like apt-
cacher-ng.

The question appeared while developing for Isar, a tool build create debian-
based distro for embedded systems. In two words, it's similar to Buildroot,
Yocto and others, but it uses official Debian packages plus allows to build
own customer packages.

Currently it uses some own set of scripts to download dependencies, install
them is build chroot and build the package. Every .deb that was downloaded
during system build is cached internally. So, for the second build it's
possible to create a local repo from these stored files and do everything (e.g
bootstrapping, building custom packages, rootfs generation) not from some
remote repo (e.g. http://ftp.debian.org), but from this local one (file://
foo).

I'm currently trying to switch our custom build system to sbuild one, but I
faced a problem that the dependencies downloaded by sbuild scripts are not
available in form of .deb files.

Anyway, your advice uses a bit more native approach that is currently used in
Isar, so I'll look at it (or something similar).

Also, in parallel thread I was adviced to use $apt_keep_downloaded_packages=1
option that might be also useful for me.

--
Uladzimir Bely
Promwad Ltd.