Increasing epoch of libgraphblas5?

Hi,

As already discussed on debian-science, I intend to package
python-suitesparse-graphblas [1] (now version 5.1.8).
It depends on the SuiteSparse:GraphBLAS library [2], with the same version.
The current Debian binary package of GraphBLAS, libgraphblas5, has
version 1:5.10.1, which is the version of the source package based on
SuiteSparse [3], but the corresponding GraphBLAS version is actually 5.0.5.

Therefore I intend to package GraphBLAS separately from SuiteSparse, and
provide an updated binary package libgraphblas5.

What is the best versioning practice in such a case?

I was suggested to use the real version number for the new source
package and use a different version number for the binary package.
Should I increase the epoch of the binary package (2:5.1.8) or should I
use a trick like 1:5.10.1+really5.1.8?
In any case, it is only needed until GraphBLAS bumps its SOVERSION.

Best regards,
Vincent

[1] https://github.com/GraphBLAS/python-suitesparse-graphblas
[2] https://github.com/DrTimothyAldenDavis/GraphBLAS