Re: How to build circular dependant packages in debian

On 2021-09-18 13:59:17 +0500 (+0500), Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 02:17:59PM +0530, open infra wrote:
> > How build a package  A where it has a circular dependent package
> > B (where package B is depend on package A).
>
> It depends. Do you have a question about specific packages? And
> why do you need to build them?

As I understand it, the context here is bootstrapping a new "edge
networking" focused Debian derivative with a number of third-party
patches to existing source packages:

http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-September/012058.html

https://docs.starlingx.io/specs/specs/stx-6.0/approved/starlingx_2008846_debian_build.html

In this particular case, because it's not a full-blown port to a new
processor architecture or anything, it seems like it shouldn't all
need to be bootstrapped entirely from scratch. Ideally, many of the
build dependencies could be satisfied initially from unadulterated
packages already available in Debian, and then replaced with custom
patched versions once any problem dependency cycles have been
broken.
--
Jeremy Stanley