Re: debian 11 Bullseye RC 1

Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside <debian@polynamaude.com> (2021-05-29):
> You can also preseed the firmware or add them to your own system
> afterward.

We're considering documenting the following:

    sudo apt install isenkram-cli
    sudo isenkram-autoinstall-firmware
    sudo reboot

Make sure to install isenkram-cli >= 0.48 (currently only in unstable).

Timothy, feel free to report back.

> I doubt that amdgpu firmware is preventing you from booting !

It's actually a well-known issue, getting a black screen when amdgpu
firmware is missing. It depends on the actual graphic card.

Timothy, I'd appreciate if you could report whether booting with the
following option appended on the kernel command line helps get out of
the black screen:

    nomodeset

More on that to come on #989863.

Cheers,