Re: Unique kernel with my own backup of all Debian repositories

Hi,

On 2021-06-12 12:21 p.m., John E Petersen wrote:
> Hey folks, I’m developing a unique kernel based on Debian Linux, and
> I’ve been scraping the website for repositories. After a few thousand,
> the servers start to block my ip.
>
> I’m just trying to keep the crazy government out of Linux, because they
> keep monkeying with repositories on Ubuntu, not to mention
> snap/snapd/brltty/systemd…

Did you smoke something that wasn't meant to end up in your lungs ? Have
you ingested some mushrooms ?

What you write here is a total screw-up non-sense !

1st : There's no "government" in Linux. It's a community driven project,
like Debian.

2nd : You talk about Ubuntu repository, sorry, beep, bong, whatever,
wake-up call, this is Debian, no Ubuntu repository here.

3rd : What's the link between Snap/SnapD/Brltyy and SystemD ?

Plus, they’ve totally screwed up Digital
> Ocean and more or less OVH, so I need a unique kernel (and physical
> servers) to host my wholesome websites. Not to rant, but it has really
> gotten ridiculous.

And now, you put on some specific entities to have screwed Digital Ocean
and OVH (two different company). Sorry dude ! I'm running many OVH rack
and none of them have any problem running Debian Buster or Bullseye,
straight out of the box.

> I’m not doing anything malicious, and the repositories seem to have
> extremely flexible licensing, so what’s the problem? If I ever wind up
> distributing such a kernel which allows access to my copies of the
> repositories, I would give credit where it’s due, of course.

So you woke up and decided on your own, you're gonna write a brand new
kernel, fully compatible with the Linux kernel ? All by yourself ?

Watch what you are doing, because it would be a bad thing to copy the
code of others while doing so !

> If you guys would give me the green light, I’d appreciate it. I’m not
> saying I would ever distribute such a thing, but I’m not ruling out the
> possibility either. I’m not looking to mirror, just to be clear.

What "green light" are you expecting here ? Everyone talk for their own
self. I think you are missing a really important part here...

There's no "central" entity that will give you a "go a head" on the name
of others. It's not like working for IBM where you employer hold the
copyright of your works.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside