Re: Thanks and Decision making working group (was Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result)

Hi Russ

On 2021/04/19 21:36, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'm helping hash out some ideas in private only because framing the
> problem and brainstorming possible solutions requires a ton of back and
> forth...

I think that framing the problems and noting them while the last GR is
still fresh in our collective memories will be really useful. I don't
think anyone should feel too much pressure right now to come up with
solutions, and I'd urge any group of people who are brainstorming on
this whether on a public channel or among some Debian friends to not yet
propose any kind of GR or anything major like that just yet.

For the next few weeks the project focus is on releasing bullseye. Once
the dust settles on that I think it would be a good time to address the
problems in a structured manner and take it from there. It would be
great to iron out at least some of the usual kinks in the process by the
time the next (non-voting related) GR pops up.

-Jonathan