Re: Making Debian available

Another very odd thing I found.

On https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/
there's no hint about images including non-free firmware. No hint
about firmware at all. And then this FAQ

<quote>
Where is the CD image with non-free?
Sometimes, someone is kind enough to create unofficial non-free CDs. If you cannot find any links on this website, you can try asking on the debian-cd mailing list.
</quote>

So we do not tell our users that we (the CD team I guess) already
create these very usefull images including non-free firmware. And then
we tell the users to search the link themselves. Not very friendly.

Please improve the FAQ and add a link to the ISO our end user need to
install their notebook with Debian.

--
regards Thomas