Re: etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d/ equivalent for systemd-resolved

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 04:35:22PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> The postfix package ships a script in /etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d/ to restart
> postfix when resolv.conf is updated.  As far as I know, that still works if the
> resolvconf package is installed, but if not (i.e. Debian default), what's the
> equivalent?  Does systemd-resolved have an equivalent?  Should users that want
> this functionality install resolvconf?

The whole point is resolvconf is to be a common interface between producers:
* ifup/ifdown
* DHCP clients
* PPP daemon
* local name servers
and consumers:
* DNS caches
* resolver libraries (including glibc)

If systemd-resolved doesn't interface with resolvconf yet, then these tools
should be taught to pass data, instead of inventing a yet another
user-facing interface.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ No matter if fathered by Abdes Pantera or a deity, Jesus