Re: WNPP/ITP/... for Amazon SDK for C++ ?

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 06:08:56PM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> I have a package that could take advantage of this if it were packaged, and I
> am sure a number of other packages are in a similar situation given how
> pervasive AWS use is. So does anybody know where this is at?
>
> FWIW I have packaged _subsets_ of the C++ SDK informally for my own use (also
> at Launchpad) but I don't think I have the time and energy to take this on as
> another package.

The cloud-team could probably be a reasonable umbrella under which the
package could be co-maintained.  Would you be interested in
co-maintaining it as part of that team?  I'm not sure any of us have a
lot of expertise or desire to work with C++, but we've got a lot of
familiarity with cloud services, etc, and maintain other cloud service
SDKs.  If you can contribute on the C++ side, we could probably
effectively maintain the package together.

Of course, if others are already looking into packaging, they should by
all means continue, with or without coordinating with the cloud-team.

noah