Re: Unmet <package>:native dependency error when cross-compiling with dpkg-buildpackage

Hi!

On Wed, 2021-12-08 at 15:26:10 +0300, Uladzimir Bely wrote:
> The conditions are the following:
> Build Architecture: amd64
> Host Architecture: arm64

> The package I'm trying to cross-build is 'u-boot' with some patches. It has
> build-time dependency 'swig:native'. But swig from Debian repos doesn't fit
> all needs, so it's also compiled from sources with some patches applied. Than,
> local Debian repository is created (using reprepro), where 'swig:amd64' is
> available.

> Later, 'u-boot' itself is being compiled using sbuild. During "Install package
> build dependencies" stage, 'swig:native' is correctly resolved to
> 'swig:amd64'. All deps are correctly installed, then. But later, when it comes
> to dpkg-buildpackage stage, it fails with the following error:
> > Command: dpkg-buildpackage --sanitize-env -aarm64 -Pcross,nocheck -us -uc -b
> -rfakeroot
> > "dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build dependencies: swig:native:

The swig package is arch:all m-a:foreign, which is disallowed as the
target of a :native arch-qualified dependency, and thus the dependency
is not satisfiable. See:

  https://git.hadrons.org/cgit/debian/dpkg/dpkg.git/tree/doc/multiarch.txt?h=pu/doc-multiarch-spec

BTW, you might want to rise this kind of question in the
debian-cross@l.d.o mailing list.

Thanks,
Guillem