Re: Call for testing: wpa-supplicant/hostapd in experimental

Hi Andrej,

Andrej Shadura, on 2021-11-26:
> The upstream of hostapd and wpa-supplicant has been preparing
> a new version for some time, and it seems things are getting
> stabilised, so I’d like to upload it to unstable when it gets
> released. From what I can tell, some oft-requested features
> (WNM, MBO, FILS and mesh networking) have been improved since
> the last release, so I’m considering shipping them enabled in
> Bookworm.
>
> There’s a recent snapshot of the upcoming release in
> experimental right now. Please consider installing and testing
> it on your hardware. I myself only own devices with relatively
> trouble-free Wi-Fi hardware (Intel), so I’m hardly
> representative of our user base, but I have just switched to
> that snapshot myself.

Installed wpasupplicant:i386 2:2.9.0+git20211116+0b853303ae31-1
on my old Eee PC X101CH, no obvious breakages to report for the
moment; will shout when I find them.

Thank you for maintaining wpa!

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da