Re: merged-/usr transition: debconf or not?

Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Nov 18, Zack Weinberg <zack@owlfolio.org> wrote:
>> as it has proven to be a genuinely critical problem
> No, it has not.

In the previous long thread on debian-devel on this subject, someone posted a step-by-step recipe to reproduce a phenomenon where a file that has been moved (in its package) from an installation path of /bin (for example) to /usr/bin, possibly in conjunction with a change to which package owns it, while /bin is a symlink to /usr/bin, will disappear from the file system when the updated set of packages is installed.  (I regret I do not have time today to dig up the exact email in question.)

Are you seriously claiming that that phenomenon is not a severity:critical bug?

zw