Re: Mapping Reproducibility Bug Reports to Commits

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 05:53:24PM +0000, Muhammad Hassan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a researcher at the University of Waterloo, conducting a project to study reproducibility issues in Debian packages.
>
> The first step for me is to link each Reproducibility-related bug at this link: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=reproducible-builds@lists.alioth.debian.org to the corresponding commit that fixed the bug.
This task implies that packaging for all Debian packages is stored in some
VCS, those repos are public, specific commits are marked as fixing
specific bugs and probably, depending on the specifics of the task, that
commits are granular. None of this is true. The best you can do is find
which uploads closed those bugs, using their "fixed in version" data.

--
WBR, wRAR