Re: Re: sbuild/schroot: need to get .deb files internally downloaded as package dependencies

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 07:11:05PM +0300, Uladzimir Bely wrote:
> Thanks for the answer
>
> > You have not explained why you don't want to use a caching proxy like apt-
> cacher-ng.
>
> The question appeared while developing for Isar, a tool build create debian-
> based distro for embedded systems. In two words, it's similar to Buildroot,
> Yocto and others, but it uses official Debian packages plus allows to build
> own customer packages.
>
> Currently it uses some own set of scripts to download dependencies, install
> them is build chroot and build the package. Every .deb that was downloaded
> during system build is cached internally. So, for the second build it's
> possible to create a local repo from these stored files and do everything (e.g
> bootstrapping, building custom packages, rootfs generation) not from some
> remote repo (e.g. http://ftp.debian.org), but from this local one (file://
> foo).

> I'm currently trying to switch our custom build system to sbuild one, but I
> faced a problem that the dependencies downloaded by sbuild scripts are not
> available in form of .deb files.

If it does not need to be sbuild, my pbuilder setup has an hook that
allows me to have a local directory as apt repo for pbuilder. Any deb placed
in this directory will be available during pbuilder build...
Kind of https://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks#How_to_include_local_packages_in_the_build,
but my setup uses just one directory, not a per-project one..

--
tobi