Re: Debian's branches and release model

Thomas Goirand dijo [Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 09:11:13AM +0200]:
> > You can upload it to experimental
>
> That's obviously what I'm doing. But when there's 2 releases during the
> freeze, it means one of them will never reach Unstable.

Right, which makes perfect sense.

The group of people interested in having always the latest OpenStack
will be able to install from your packages in experimental. I guess
very few will, but if it's needed, it's available -- and the work for
you when the freeze is done is much smaller (just re-target changelog,
re-build, re-upload).

What do you lose by those uploads not reaching unstable?