Re: connman does not respect /etc/network/interfaces when upgrading from buster to bullseye and more general considerations

Am 23.09.21 um 21:35 schrieb Jaycee Santos:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 10:21:10PM +0200, Ervin Dine wrote:
I have not had any problems with conman in my LXDE Debian 11 install
but if I may give my suggestion, gnome-network-manager works fine with
LXDE and it has more features. Why not bundle that instead of conman?
Conman does not even have an icon in the status bar where you can
toggle wifi on and off or choose another connection.

Is there a reason why to choose gnome-network-manager over something like
nm-tray for LXDE?

I think nm-tray (being based on Qt5) is a reasonable choice for LXQT (which is also Qt5 based). LXDE on the other hand uses GTK, so I think network-manager-gnome is a better fit there. (both disk footprint and memory usage wise)