Re: Automated backports based on Janitor work?

On 30.08.21 15:49, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> I think one of the main challenges here is to make sure that the
> dependencies for packages in unstable/testing are correct.

Why wouldn't they be correct, though? If it's less strict than it should
be, then that is a bug. And if it's too strict, experimentation with
lowered requirements sounds somewhat dangerous. The approach I chose was
to just backport any necessary dependencies as well.

(...backport any necessary dependencies within reason, that is. For
example, some Python packages always have bleeding edge build
dependencies in setup.py thanks to dependabot, but a diligent maintainer
will downgrade those to whatever the doc say is sufficient, I hope.)