Re: Looking for Estonian DD-s

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 04:12:43AM +0000, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 2:31 PM Aivar Annamaa wrote:
>
> > Is here someone, who can meet me in Tartu, Estonia or is willing to
> > arrange this over the internet? Perhaps I could sign a statement about
> > my identity with Estonian ID card?
>
> I checked the list of lists of Debian locations and there are no
> Debian members that list their location as Estonia. It generally isn't
> accepted to sign keys over the internet or other electronic means.

Disagree. Why would that be the case?

By signing an OpenPGP key you certify that you are sufficiently
convinced that the key's holder is who they say they are, and that they
control their key. The easiest way to do that is to meet someone in
person, but that doesn't mean it's the *only* possible way.

Am I missing something?

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}