Re: merged /usr vs. symlink farms

    Simon> Current dpkg already has handling code so that /bin/foo ->
    Simon> /usr/bin/foo is not a problematic move even on usrmerge'd
    Simon> systems, so a possible policy would be to allow those and
    Simon> disallow package splits, that way we could continue
    Simon> transitioning packages.

Why would we need to transition packages?
If we're going to have something like usrmerge run eventually,
It seems like things will be much simpler if we forbid or at least
strongly discourage package level transitions in the bookworm cycle.
Doing that seems to be closer to the consensus of what we're discussing
here than spending effort transitioning packages.