Re: WARNING: dh_installsystemd is moving unit files to /usr/lib/systemd/system

Am 19.08.21 um 08:27 schrieb Michael Biebl:
I'll check later today, if i-s-h (init-system-helpers) does properly handle this new path. If so, I'd say the bug should be reassigned to lintian and we should start transitioning the files to /usr/lib/systemd/system.

I now remember updating i-s-h [1].

So we should be safe using /usr/lib/systemd/system I'd say.

There is a cosmetic issue that the enablement symlinks in /etc/systemd/system/*.target/ will now be dangling on unmerged systems (they will point at the files in /lib/systemd/system). But systemd will consider such services as enabled. At least, as long we still build systemd with split-usr support. If anyone wants to provide a patch to fixup such symlinks on upgrades, then this would be nice.

Michael

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/init-system-helpers/-/commit/552e993488a403bf88aa342f73bf0b22ce62ff16