Re: merged /usr

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 06:53:01PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 03:25:48PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > I'm worried about systems being written to completely bypass the dpkg
> > database.
> Like alternatives and things that create files in postinst?

The alternatives system doesn't bypass the dpkg database. It creates
extra symlinks on the system that do not exist in the dpkg database.

Creating files in postinst doesn't bypass the dpkg database. It creates
extra files on the system that do not exist in the dpkg database.

Creating a system that tells dpkg that files exist in one place but
where in reality they're in a different place does bypass the dpkg
database.

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}