Re: Steam Deck: good news for Linux gaming, bad news for Debian :(

Hi Paul!

On Sun, 18 Jul 2021, Paul Wise wrote:

> Valve have said that this will be an open device that any OS can be
> installed on, just like on PCs, they even mentioned Windows so
> presumably it will be able to run Debian amd64 too if Valve are
> mainlining Linux hardware support.

do we have a direct contact to steam regarding this? since I was able
to order one of these devices, I'd be interested in hearing wether
they will maintain the hardware support and would only have to add
their sources in apts repository.

if we do not have this communication (yet), I'd offer trying to start
such a conversation with Valve.

best regards, Hanno Wagner
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince@IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

#"Eine Zensur findet nicht statt..."   "... ausser wenn sie doch stattfindet."
#	-- Vorgeschlagene Aenderung des Grundgesetzes