Re: ARM architectures

On Sb, 05 iun 21, 19:01:36, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 03:04:45PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > The PINE A64+ (2 GB RAM) is very stable for me, unless I put significant
> > load on the USB connection (specifically *heavy* writing to an external
> > HDD in a powered enclosure), but it could also be a power issue.
>
> It's only USB2 -- in a board that has reliable gigabit ethernet.  Plus,
> there's no such thing as stable USB-connected disk, anywhere.

Yeah, learned that the hard way. SATA (or better) is a must for any
storage application (NAS, etc.).

SATA-to-USB adapters can have other subtle side effects as well, like
messing the detection of 4K blocks. Apparently SMART could also be an
issue, though it seemed to work for me.

> I'd recommend using nbd instead.

Sure, unless the device is the one with all the storage ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei