Re: ARM architectures

Quoting Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside (2021-06-05 07:16:44)
> Hi !
> I'm looking for a ARM platform that can easily run Linux.
> Support using terminal over serial port for booting (no need of a GPU).
>
> I know about the Raspberry PI but the GPU drivers are not open source.
> I don't really need a GPU, if I do need graphics then I could always go
> with a X over Ethernet.
>
> Something like a modern board with possibility to use USB.
>
> Someone got idea ?
>
> Not too expensive...

You might be interested in the FreedomBox project:
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/

More generally, you might be interested in the curated list of ARM
boards considered suitable for projects like FreedomBox:
https://wiki.debian.org/CheapServerBoxHardware

When you care about freedoms, you might also care about freedoms related
to the hardware design: Look out for OSHW certified products (i.e. not
only that marketing meterial mentions words like "free" or "open", but
that the actual OSHW logo is on the board and in documentation).

 - Jonas