Re: i386 baseline issue for Go packages in Bookworm

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 01:42:51AM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 1:32 AM Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
> > 2) decide "the i386 architecture is for the legacy software" and raise the
> > baseline to match the amd64 one,
> > 2a) also don't build non-library packages there.
>
> Just FTR, it does't apply to Go packages, as all Go packages are
> written after SSE2.
> Go was publicly announced in November 2009.
Sure, "legacy software" in this context usually means pre-built stuff
from outside Debian (including Windows apps via 32-bit Wine).
Just bumping the baseline because many packages can't be sanely built with
the current one doesn't make much sense to me, because if you can only run
this architecture on a CPU that supports SSE2, you most often can just run
amd64.

--
WBR, wRAR