Re: Packages in contrib solely because they allow using non-free software

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 12:57 AM Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues
<josch@debian.org> wrote:
> Maybe the comparison to winetricks is not very fitting because I think
> winetricks can *only* download non-free software while lutris can also download
> games that their developers distribute under a DFSG license?

(Upstream maintainer here):

winetricks can download both free and non-free software, though I'd
say the vast majority of it is non-free (i.e., redistributable
Microsoft binaries).

On the other hand, dxvk/faudio are FOSS and can be installed via
winetricks, as well as some fonts and other programs (I don't have a
separate list handy, but you could search for 'github.com /
sourceforge.net' in the source).

It also allows setting misc wine settings via a CLI, which doesn't
require any proprietary bits.

That said, I leave it to you to decide where it belongs in debian :).

-Austin
GPG: 267B CC1F 053F 0749 (expires 2021/02/18)