Re: Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer

On 02/03/2021 13:46, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Steve,

On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 10:23:19AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
Hey Andreas! I hope you're keeping well!

On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 06:08:02PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
(Overdue!) update: I've been hacking on this for a while, and I hope
to have a prototype for testing up shortly. It works fine on my local
system, but in a test d-i build it fails totally so I've clearly
missed something! Debugging that now...

I wonder whether I might have missed some information whether there
is something I could test meanwhile.

I'm afraid that various higher-priority interrupts came up (new job,
UEFI security work) and I got side-tracked for a while. You must be
psychic - I just started picking things up again last weekend.

I admit I did not payed much attention on the development of tasksel and
thus the chances to select Blends right from the installer.  The topic
remains to be urgent for all Blends - but I'm afraid it will be to late
for Debian 10.  Or did I missed something and the status is promising
for this release?

Kind regards and thanks for all your attempts anyway

       Andreas.

This would be a great feature and very welcome be able to do more with tasksel. Maybe we can come up with other ideas, as if it is going to be updated, then make sure the features are there.

Or given the number of blends, we need to come up with the most important / popular ones to include, last thing you want is a huge list.

Regards

Paul

--
Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)