Re: Contributing without your real name

On 16055 March 1977, Stephan Lachnit wrote:

I never really thought of this, and I'm not sure how much one can
contribute to Debian without posting some kind of real name
(sorry if that is already answered somewhere).

I'm aware that for sponsored work the name doesn't really matter,
but can one become a DM or even a DD?

Yes, this is possible and we do have developers with pseudonyms in Debian already. DAM gets to know the real name and keeps it confidential.

Interesting point is to build up a good reputation for the pseudonym, same as for anyone else. Key signing - well, key endorsements appear to make this part a little easier, but various people do sign keys of pseudonyms too, when they are sure that the key does belong to the person with that handle.

So yeah, possible, probably a little easier nowadays.

--
bye, Joerg