Re: Q: Number of RC bugs

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 03:49:19PM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Now we're in soft freeze for bullseye, and sometimes I check RC bugs
>  to find the issues that I can tackle with.
>
>  And, I wonder numbers at https://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/ and
>  http://deb.li/rcbugs are quite different.
>
>  bugs.d.o says "Number concerning the next release: 262"
>  udd says "59 bugs found (and "119 bugs" without "key package" option)
>
>  What's the difference between those two? and which number is more accurate?

The answers can be found in the filtering done in the UDD query.

First the "Suites" are set differently (the b.d.o/release-critical/
testing is similar to selecting Bullseye), then the "Filters"
section has several things set to 'exclude'.

(Note that release-team has been busy setting will-remove and can-defer
tags on bug reports for bullseye already.)

The deb.li/rcbugs (UDD) query gives a much better view on remaining work
to be tackled by the general contributor. Things that are already solved
in sid is hopefully just a matter of it migrating to testing for example
(so including those bugs is not very useful for a non-release-team
members point of view). IMHO it would be better if
bugs.debian.org/release-critical/ linked to relevant UDD queries.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson