Re: base-passwd marked as Essential: yes but other packages depend on it being configured.

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:

Quoting Tim Woodall (2021-02-21 22:32:16)
Are you by any chance trying to do the same as:

   mmdebstrap --variant=apt --mode=fakechroot unstable /path/to/chroot

Yes, that looks very similar indeed. Thanks.

Does it do anything that you don't want it to do or do you see any missing
features?

I need to have a play but based on the readme it seems to have
everything that was frustrating me about debootstrap

Unfortunately, I'm not a perl programmer and 7000 lines of perl looks
very daunting next to my 100 or so lines of bash!

In my very quick look the code doesn't seem too scary though. :-)

Tim.