Re: Making Debian available, non-free promotor

I'd like to propose a solution that helps both, the user and Debian:
Add a message like this on the downloads page:

##################
NOTE:
This image does not provide unfree WiFi firmware.
If you have a WiFi adapter, it will most likely not work. (__learn more__)
* Consider using __this__ image instead.
* Consider donating $25 to our __free-WiFi-fund__ to free your adapter
firmware
Learn more: __What is non-free firmware & why should I care?__
##################

This gives visibility to the actual problem and the only true solution.
It works towards a future, where the free image is no longer "broken for
ordinary users"
Instead of compromising Debian values, it highlights them.
The hope would be that, after collecting a 5 figure sum has been
donated, paid developers work on freeing the most common firmware(s).
A similar message could be shown during / after installation, IF use of
an unfree WiFi blob is detected:

"Consider donating to free the firmware of your adapter, Qualcomm
Atheros AR9462"
(Of course, a disclaimer needs to be in place that it can neither be
guaranteed that any blob can be successfully be replaced, nor that this
specific one can or will be worked on)

Daniel