Re: RFC: raising ca-certificates package Priority to standard or important

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 03:10:47PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> And which of standard or important made most sense (AIUI, standard
> means "installed by default in d-i" and important means "installed by
> default in debootstrap").

wget is already Priority: standard and recommends ca-certificates, so it
seems to me that making it standard would be a noop in practice for most
of the systems installed by d-i.

On the other hand, all cases that I remember seeing a problem caused by
missing ca-certificates was in systems not installed by d-i, such as
containers, vm images, etc. Based on that, I would make it important.