Re: How should we handle greenbone-security-assistant?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > said package was updated in Kali in a matter of hours.
>
> That's great.
>
> I mean - *either* it is great that Kali has a far better tool that we
> might adopt - *or* it is great that Kali exists for those with different
> needs than those of Debian.

I know that some people are happy when we keep software out of Debian, but
I don't share that view. For me the universal OS ought to to have a place
for any decently maintained free software.

We might not want to ship it in stable and include it in LTS, but we should be
able to provide the latest version and make it easy to install to our
users.

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>