Re: Pimp your shell - Debian developer tips?

Hello!

ma 8. kesäk. 2020 klo 12.04 Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
(arturo@debian.org) kirjoitti:

> On 5/27/20 9:06 PM, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Do we have Debian devs here who have pimped their shell heavily with custom
> > prompts, colors, command line fonts, shell window title hacks, perhaps using zsh
> > etc? Have you written blogs about you experiences, can you share some good reads
> > (with screenshots) of what you have done?
> >
> > I've read a bit on zsh and powerline and the like, but I am annoyed that all
> > those blog posts are quite superficial and do not mention security,
> > interoperability or performance aspects. Frankly any blog post that recommends
> > cloning random repos or even worse, running wget | sh something gives me chills.
> Take a look at liquidprompt(1).
>
> Is what I use everywhere!

This turned out to be my favourite tip. I've written about my
experiences and why I love it so much at
https://linuxnatives.net/2020/liquid-prompt in case others are
interested.

And thanks to Arturo for packaging it and for recently uploading the
latest version of it to Debian unstable!

- Otto