Re: Mass bugs filing: autopkgtest should be marked superficial

Hi Paul,

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 1:56 AM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:53 PM Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
>
> > If the test done in the autopkgtest does not provide significant test
> > coverage then it should be marked with "Restrictions: superficial".
> > I am still trying to figure out a generalized method to find them but
> > an initial script has found 83 packages. Attached is the dd-list.
>
> This sort of thing seems like something that will be an ongoing
> problem so a more efficient way to solve it would be a lintian
> warning, which should hopefully help prevent new occurrences. OTOH it
> would be pretty hard to automatically check for these without a robust
> shell parser. Perhaps morbig from Project CoLiS could be used for the
> shell parsing and then a script could process the morbig output.
> ShellCheck might be another option but it doesn't yet output parse
> trees.

We were hoping that this check can be added in lintian, but looking at
#932862 it seems you have already requested that. :)
I will have a look at morbig and see if I can use that in my script.
Thanks for the idea.

--
Regards
Sudip