Re: rust-dbus_0.8.2-3_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi  debian-devel,

On Sun, Aug 09, 2020 at 04:16:07PM +0200, Andrej Shadura wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020, at 16:10, Bastian Blank wrote:
> >
> > REJECT
> >
> > #945542
> >

> > ===
> >
> > Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
> > your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
> > concerns.
> >

> Bastian,
>
> I'm curious why do you think a discussion in progress is a good
> reason enough to block my work with no actual objections to the
> package contents?
>
> I've waited for this package to pass a review for so long
> and all I get is a REJECTED?

The clue '#945542' and "discussion in progress" is most like

It has <snippet>
On Sat 2019-11-30 12:15:55 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> This problem is already listed since a long time in
> https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html.

    But reading this page, the closest thing i can find is its
    description of "Package Split", which reads:

>>> You split a package too much or in a broken way. Well, broken or too
>>> much is a wide definition, so this is a case-by-case thing, but you
>>> should really think about a split before you do it. For example it
>>> doesn't make any sense to split a 50k arch:all package from a 250k
>>> arch:any one. Or splitting a package for only one file, depending on
>>> the main package. Yes, big dependency chains can be a reason. Or big
>>> documentation split into one -doc package. The point there is big.

    Bastian, if you meant something else, please correct me here!

<snippet>

Then eight months past.

How can we continue with where the november post is about:

   rust software to work in a well-established way in Debian

?

Regards
Geert Stappers
DD