libgtk-3-0 dependency closure no longer includes librsvg2-common ∴ no more svg rendering

Hi all.

A recent change (1) to adwaita-icon-theme's debian/control.in altered
adwaita-icon-theme's relationship with librsvg2-common from a
"depends" to a "recommends".

libgtk-3-0's dependency closure *used* to include librsvg2-common via
that dependency (libgtk-3-0 -> adwaita-icon-theme -> librsvg2-common),
but that change removes librsvg2-common from libgtk-3-0's dependency
closure. As a result, installing libgtk-3-0 with
--no-install-recommends does not install librsvg2-common thus leaving
libgtk-3-0 unable to render svg, which in turn causes all kinds of
weird and wonderful rendering bugs.

The following info might help. There was a similar conversation over
on launchpad in 2006 (re gtk2 though):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/28507
("librsvg2-common not installed, breaks SVG rendering")

That launchpad bug, in turn, refers to:
https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/libr/librsvg/librsvg_2.44.10-2.1_changelog
lines 960-962:
"* Break the dependency cycle, by making librsvg2-2 stop depending on
librsvg2-common. Packages will now have to depend on librsvg2-common
if they include SVG graphics."

Question: what should I do? If I should report a bug, which package
should it report it against?

TIA, Jaime

(1) https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/a/adwaita-icon-theme/adwaita-icon-theme_3.36.1-2_changelog
lines 12-20