Change in Lintian behavior: more granular exit code statuses

Hello,

A change that I have been working on with Felix Lechner[1] has now been
merged into the master branch of Lintian and should be landing within
the next several weeks. We expect this change to land in Bullseye.

This change adds the --fail-on option to Lintian[2], and drastically
changes exit code handling. Now Lintian will exit 1 on internal errors
and there is *no default behavior* to exit 2. Specifying the --fail-on
option allows the user to specify under which conditions Lintian should
exit 2.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/311
[2]
https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/commit/2dd15ad2a5265807fadb9735994891b3414b68bb

Thanks,