Re: Mass bug filing: dependencies on GTK 2

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 5:58 PM Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
> I wonder, perhaps it'd be better to use "normal" for packages that _use_
> GTK2, and no bug at all for those that provide an input method/theme/etc
> for GTK2+3?  A bug that's not supposed to be actioned upon is no good.
>
> And probably an immediate ITR for GTK2-only inputs/themes.

Actually, for themes (and input methods, etc.), I recommend using a
hack to avoid the GTK2 dependency. It's safe because the only thing
that will use a GTK2 theme is GTK2 so it's unnecessary for the theme
itself to depend on GTK2. It's useful because we don't have a good way
to provide a user with the GTK2 version of an installed theme at the
time they install GTK2 unless we just install the GTK2 theme at the
same time as the GTK3 theme. Sort of a Just-In-Time apt dependency
resolution would be nice.

https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gnome-themes-extra/-/commit/4c5691edd

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha