Re: Mass bug filing: dependencies on dbus-glib

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 16:23:01 +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Quite a lot of source packages have Build-Depends on dbus-glib, or
> produce binary packages with a Depends on it.

I've now done the mass-bug-filing for this. The bugs block
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=895291> and are
usertagged to appear in
<https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?user=pkg-utopia-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org&tag=dbus-glib-deprecation>.

Around 25% of the dependencies appear to have been unnecessary (in
packages that were already ported to GDBus, or packages whose maintainers
got confused about what APIs were provided by dbus-1, dbus-glib-1 and
gio-2.0), so I'm hoping that at least those can be addressed soon.

    smcv