Re: Overinterpretation of DFSG? QR code for receiving donation is non-free???

Russ Allbery, le lun. 30 mars 2020 12:08:18 -0700, a ecrit:
> Surely the QR code is an encoding of a string?

Yes, but can you easily modify the URL in that form?

Do you have an editor that can open it as such and let you check and
modify the URL?

> In other words, to me this feels like claiming that ISO 8859-1 text files
> are not in the preferred form of modification because they're not Unicode.

That's different: most editors are able to open both ISO-8859-1 and
Unicode files.

Concerning base64-encoded text files, it's quite borderline. Possibly
some editor do support opening base64-encoded files, then it's fine to
have this as source code. Otherwise I don't see it as the preferred
format for modifications.

Samuel