ITP: bubblemail -- An extensible mail notification service

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Thomas Ward <teward@ubuntu.com>

  Package name    : bubblemail
  Version         : 0.5
  Upstream Author : Razer <razerraz@free.fr>
  URL             : https://bubblemail.free.fr/
  License         : GPL-2
  Programming Lang: Python
  Description     : An extensible mail notification service

Bubblemail is a D-Bus service providing a list of the new and unread user's
mail from local mailboxes, pop, imap, and gnome online accounts. It includes a
libnotify frontend to create notifications and can be used by other frontends
as well.

Please also include as much relevant information as possible.
For example, consider answering the following questions:
 - why is this package useful/relevant? is it a dependency for
   another package? do you use it? if there are other packages
   providing similar functionality, how does it compare?

It provides email notifications without the need to have a whole mail
application open, and it replaces `mailnag` in functionality. This is also
a logical replacement for `mailnag` due to mailnag being 'dead' upstream.

I, Thomas Ward, do not use this, but multiple others do, and this has the
support of the co-maintainer in this matter.

 - how do you plan to maintain it?

Myself and the co-maintainer (Erich Eickmeyer <erich@ericheickmeyer.com>) on
this package will both maintain the package.  We will also cordinate with
Mentors to get uploads put into the repository as well as needed.

Packaging will be kept in VCS on Launchpad -
https://git.launchpad.net/bubblemail - which we will specify in the VCS field
in the package as well.  Debian packaging begins in the debian/ branch for now.