Re: What to do when DD considers policy to be optional? [kubernetes]

Le mardi 24 mars 2020 à 19:08:23+0000, Janos LENART a écrit :
> [snip]
> I do think there is a good case for Kubernetes to be an exception from 4.13 for
> now, just like other Go packages effectively are.

Using other examples to say "people do bas stuff elsewhere so I'm
entitled to do the same" is not a good practice.

And, really, comparing uploads with 4, 6, 10 bundles libraries (bad)
with an upload of a package with TWO HUNDRED libraries??? You shouldn't
have done that hoping that it'd slip through.

> It is a massively popular project topped only by the Linux kernel. We
> cannot afford not to have up to date versions in Debian, or have forks
> that no one can use.

Yes we can afford not to have an up to date version in Debian. We could
also afford not having Kubernetes into Debian.

And the fact that the project is popular is not a good reason either.

I'm sorry, but the way you do things and try to justify yourself
afterwards is not really something I find normal for a DD who commited
themselves to the standard the project defined as its own.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2