Re: What to do when DD considers policy to be optional? [kubernetes]

On 25.03.20 15:14, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> I can be sure that if stuff lands in Debian then I won't get screwed
> by weird, dirty, missleading, underhanded licensing rules, which
> seems to be the standard outside the Open Source world and even on
> its fringes.
The only thing you can be sure about is that the declared license is up
to Debian standards.

No such thing can be said about most of the code itself, unless you have
an actual audit trail documenting its origin.

To use an extreme example: me grabbing code from $EMPLOYER and slapping
the GPL onto it, doesn't make it GPL.